To our valued clients,
We want to assure you of our commitment to providing excellent care for your pets and let you know that we take the health and well-being of our team members and clients very seriously. We made the decision to temporarily close due to one confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in our hospital. We followed recommendations put forth by our local public health department, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), to reduce the risk of spread.
Each one of our team members was tested for COVID-19, the team member who tested positive for COVID-19 has been instructed to stay home until they have made a full recovery, all team members returning to work either received a confirmed negative test or were not exposed, and our facility was deep cleaned as of Monday, June 15, 2020 by ServPro.
If you had an appointment scheduled during our temporary closure we are now able to start seeing pets again as of Thursday, June 18, 2020 and will be reaching out to get your pet rescheduled. Our hours will be temporarily adjusted to: Thursday 7 am – 5 pm and back to normal starting Friday 7AM - 7PM. Saturday 8AM - 6PM Sunday 9AM - 6PM.
Given the evolving circumstances with COVID-19, we are still recommending the following protocols in accordance with CDC guidelines for social distancing to help ensure a safe and healthy environment for our clients, their pets, and our hospital staff.
- Please continue to utilize our carside service for drop off and pick up for scheduled appointments. Call (281) 298 – 6000 when you arrive in the parking lot and we will come to you to get your pet for the exam. For your convenience, we will take information regarding history and concerns over the phone at the time of your arrival. We will continue to communicate via phone or text regarding treatment and/or results.
- For end of Life appointments, we will escort you and your loved one directly into the exam room.
- Emergencies will be assessed immediately upon arrival. Please call ahead, if at all possible, so we know to expect you.
- We offer telemedicine via TeleVet, which enables our medical staff to help assess your pet virtually. We connect via TeleVet for a virtual appointment to talk with you and you have the ability to share photos and/or video of your pet. You can sign up here and we are happy to assist you with setting up your account.
- We encourage you to use our online pharmacy for home delivery – see the Shop Online button on our website. Food and prescriptions for your pet can be shipped directly to your home.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for understanding. For any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Hospital Administrator, Michelle Reeves, at [email protected] We are looking forward to seeing you at your next appointment.
Veterinary Medical Center of The Woodlands
Serving The Woodlands community for over 27 years, Veterinary Medical Center of The Woodlands (formerly Best Friends Veterinary Hospital) is a full-service veterinary hospital providing high-quality medical, surgical, and dental services. We deliver exceptional client service from a team who believes in treating your pets like the valued family members they are. We offer extended hours, urgent and emergency care services, and care for exotic pets.
We are open seven days a week for your convenience and for the welfare of your pets. Our in-house and online pharmacy make refilling and picking up prescriptions easy.